To become a member of Pinewood Combined Probus Club Inc you should be retired or semi-retired, live in the Monash Council area, and be able to attend at least 50% of monthly meetings each year.
The Club allows for a maximum of 100 members and we endeavour to have a membership of 85% of Monash residents and no more than 60% of either gender which we actively maintain through the Club's membership policy.
Each member will be issued with a membership card which entitles them to membership benefits listed below:
- Attending monthly General meetings where you will be entertained by some interesting guest speakers and socialising with other members.
- Opportunity to participate in Dine-outs, Coffee Mornings and Afternoon Teas, Bus Tours, Day Trips, Walks, Theatre, Happy Hours, Cards and much more.
- Receipt of Club Newsletters and State and National publications that have interesting articles as well as being kept up to date with Probus Activities.
- Opportunity to meet and travel with other Probus Clubs to a variety of local, national and International destinations. see Probus Association of Victoria Travel/Tours
The club's membership is based on a Club Constitution, Club By-Laws, and Risk, Privacy and Tours and Refunds Policies. Members of the club are encouraged to participate in a variety of activities as well as contributing to the management of the club by joining the Management Committee or assisting with or being an organiser of activities.
All authorised Club events are covered by Public Liability, Association Liability, Personal Injury and Club Money Insurance.
Members are rostered on a rotation basis to Greeting and Hospitality duties at General Meetings to share the workload and to give members an opportunity to meet fellow members.
Procedure for Joining
- Individuals should familiarise themselves with Probus through the Pinewood Combined Probus Club website and the Probus South Pacific website to ensure they are confident that Probus will suit them.
- Initial contact should be made to the Membership Officer via email or phone number as per the "Committee" page on the Pinewood Combined Probus Club web-site.
- If the current membership and the Wait List are full, the enquirer will be informed immediately.
- If there is room on the Wait List, the enquirer will be advised that their name will be put on the Wait List and then contacted when a membership vacancy becomes available.
- When a Membership vacancy occurs and the person on the Wait List feels the club is still a "good fit" they will be asked to complete a Membership Application Form.
- The Membership Officer will invite the Wait Listed person to attend two General Meetings over a three month period and at least one activity each month as a Prospective Member.
- After attending the required meetings and activities the Prospective Member may be invited to join the Club. They are then required to pay a one-off joining fee and a membership fee.
- On payment of the fees the new member will be introduced to the members at the next General Meeting and presented with their name badge.
Joining and Membership Fees
Joining Fees are $30 due at time of admission.
- Membership Fees are $35 payable on 1st April of each year.
- Pro-rata Membership Fees are payable on eligibility for admission, as follows:
- 1 April to 30 June Full Fee
- 1 July to 30 September Three Quarters of the Full Fee
- 1 October to 31 December Half of the Full Fee
- 1 January to 31 March Quarter of the Full Fee
Method of Payment
- By cash or cheque to the Treasurer at a General Meeting or posted to P.O. Box 5373, Pinewood, Vic, 3149. Cheques should be made payable to Pinewood Combined Probus Club Inc.
- Direct Payment to the Club Bank Account
a. Pinewood Community Branch of the Bendigo Bank
b. Account number BSB 633000 Account number 149147860
c. Quote your surname and the reason for payment
d. Email the Treasurer with the date and amount deposited